The Helambu trek is a perfect short trek nearby Kathmandu Valley. Despite being so close to Kathmandu, the Helambu region remains relatively un-spoilt. The hyolmo culture of high mountain people reflect the Nepalese cultural and tradition. The company of green rhododendron and bamboo forests, majestic waterfalls, and snow-capped Himalayas make the most diverse treks near Kathmandu. The great Himalayan scenery at the border with Tibet and monasteries make a trek to the region an enthralling experience. The people living the highlands of the Langtang range are certainly the Nepalis, being the descendant of the Tibetan origin, they still look like Tibetans.
Upon our arrival in the Tribhuwan International Airport (TIA) in Kathmandu, we will be greeted by a representative from Trip 4 Nepal who will drop us off at our hotel. Overnight in Kathmandu.
After breakfast we start a guided tour to several of the most historical and spiritual attractions in Kathmandu. The day will also be for finalizing official procedure and other necessary arrangements. You will be also briefed on the nature of the trek, equipment and team composition. Some of landmarks we visit include the World Heritage Sites of Kathmandu Durbar Square, the sacred Hindu temple of Pashupati Nath, the famous 'Monkey Temple' (Swayambhu Nath) and Buddhists shrine (Bouddha Nath).
Overnight in Kathmandu.
After breakfast,,drive to Sundarijal (1350m), our trek start point. From Sundarijal, trek to Chisopani (2300m). We begin our trek along a small hydroelectric plant. The trail then enters through into the Shivapuri National Park. The first settlement we come across is Mulkharka mostly inhabited by the Tamang people. Then we walk along the ridge through a forest of oaks and rhododendron to Chisopani.
Overnight in Chisapani.
After breakfast, we head for a journey to Kutumsang. Our today's trek starts with a decent crossing meadows and fields. Enjoy the magnificent views of the Langtang mountains.
Overnight in Kutumsang.
After breakfast, We climb above Kutumsang on a steep trail mostly through fir and rhododendron forest where there are no permanent settlements. The trek continues to Yurin Danda with magnificent views of the Himalayas. Overnight at Tharepati
After breakfast, the trail descends until we cross the Melamchi Khola. Then we trek up to Tarkeghyang passing through Sherpa settlements. Enjoy the Himalayan peaks ofter appear before you glistening in the sunshine. Overnight in Tarkeghyang.
After breakfast . we will go through forests, streams, and waterfalls. The trail makes a sweep around the wide valley end between Parachin and the Sherpa village of Gangyul. There is also a Buddhist monastery at the highest point of the village.
Overnight in Sermathang.
After breakfast, On our final day of the trek, we walk down to Malemchi Pul Bazaar. The village is mostly inhabited by the Sherpa, but there are also people of other ethnicities. From the Bazaar, we catch a bus to Katmandu. Overnight in Kathmandu.
After breakfast, transfer to airport for your final departure.
What are included?
- Airport pickups and drops by a private vehicle
- 3-star hotel accommodation in Kathmandu with breakfast
- Teahouse accommodation during the trek
- All meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) during the trek
- Welcome and farewell dinners
- All ground transportation on a comfortable private vehicle as per the itinerary
- Guided city tour in Kathmandu by private vehicle
- Entrance fees for sightseeing/monument visits as per the itinerary
- An experienced, English-speaking and government-licensed trek guide
- Porter service
- Staff costs including their salary, insurance, equipment, domestic airfare, food and accommodation
- All necessary paperwork and trekking permits (National Park Permit, TIMS)
- First aid services
- Trekking Map
- All government and local taxes
What are not included?
- Nepalese visa fee
- Excess baggage charge(s)
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu because of early arrival, late departure, early return from mountain (due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary
- Lunch and evening meals in Kathmandu (and also in the case of early return from the mountain than the scheduled itinerary)
- International flights
- Travel and rescue insurance
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, shower, etc.)
- Tips for guide(s), porter(s) and driver(s)
Please submit your details information. We will email you all the necessary information regarding this trip and other travel information. “Your information is private and will never be shared with anyone. We respect your privacy and hate SPAM as much as you do”.