If you are short on time this is a great option to our regular 14 day excursion to Everest Basecamp. Enjoy five days Everest View Trek in the Khumbu with fabulous views of Everest, Ama Dablam, Lhotse, Kongde Ri and Kusum Kanguru. The trek starts with a 35 min flight from Kathmandu to the air strip at Lukla. We spent the next two days hiking up to the beautiful canyon of the Dhudh Koshi. Ascent towards the sherpa village capital of Namche Bazaar.
The following morning we take a day hike to Everest View Hotel for a fantastic panorama views. It includes views of Mt Everest, Ama Dablam and other famous peaks. We get one more day of hiking to visit the villages of Khunde and Khumjung which are home to many traditional Sherpa and surrounded by beautiful mountains. On the last day of trekking we head back to Lukla from Namche. Next morning we will take a flight to back to Kathmandu. This is a great trek. Anyway if you look at it, you will certainly leave you wanting to come back to Nepal for more. Finally this trip will encourage you to explore Everest ranges more closely.
Welcome to Kathmandu, the capital and cultural hub of Nepal! We’ll be waiting with a warm greeting and easy transfer to your hotel. Plan on an evening briefing on last-minute specifics about your trek and an early lights-out: you have a big day ahead.
After a short morning flight to Lukla, you'll be introduced to your guide and porter. Kick off your trek with an easy walk through Chaurikharka village and descent towards Dudhkoshi Ghat (2,530m/8,300ft). The trail follows the bank of the Dudhkoshi River until Phakding (2,652m/8,700ft), where we will be staying for the night to acclimatize. Enjoy your free time in Phakding, a popular stopping point.
We'll have breakfast in Phakding before gearing up for the trek to Namche Bazaar, the biggest sherpa village in Nepal. Our trail takes us first over the Dudhkoshi River via a long suspension bridge, and then through a beautiful pine forest to Monjo, about two hours away. Soon thereafter, we will approach the entrance to Sagarmatha National Park for a brief permit check and then descend to Dudh Kosi River (spotting Mani stones along the way!) en route to Jorsale. Lunch will be served here, and then it's uphill to Namche. Our path along the riverbank is flanked by two crossings, one of which is the Hillary Suspension Bridge. It’s a tough climb up the hill to our resting place, but you'll be rewarded in Namche Bazaar with your first glimpse of Everest in its majesty.
We leave early for the hike up to the Everest View Hotel about an hour’s hike above Namche for a fantastic panorama of the Himalayas and a great view of Everest, Lhotse and Ama Dablam. After enjoying the view and relaxing with a hot coffee we continue to the traditional Sherpa villages of Khunde and Khumjung . If you get a chance ask your guide to take you to the Khumjung Monastery which houses the scalp of what's said to be a Yeti. Leaving the villages we circle back to Namche via the small airstrip at Shyangboche.
After breakfast, we trek toward the Hillary Suspension Bridge and then pass through several local villages. Our arrival in Lukla brings an evening in our last Tea House and, traditionally, a party with your trekking crew: you made it! Thanks to great teamwork and perseverance, you’ve accomplished a physical feat of which others only dream. This is your last night on the mountain, which can be bittersweet.
In the morning, you'll hop a brief flight from Lukla to Kathmandu, where your journey both began and ends. You'll transfer to your hotel upon landing for some much-needed solo rest and reflection after your trek conquering the Himalayas. We'll reunite in the evening for a farewell dinner at one of the best Nepalese restaurants in town, where we'll be eager to hear your feedback on the trip. Arrive Kathmandu, tour guide will take to you for sightseeing in historical monuments sightseeing places including Boudhanath (biggest Buddhist stupa), Pashupatinath temple (A biggest Hindu temple) & Bhaktapur durbar square then drive back to Hotel.
It's your last day in Nepal! Grab some breakfast, and then take in some last-minute shopping in Kathmandu. We'll make sure you arrive at Kathmandu International Airport with plenty time before your flight home. At this time, we'll say our goodbyes and bid you farewell, armed with warm memories and gorgeous photos to show your loved ones. END OF OUR SERVICES
What are included?
- Airport pickups and drops by a private vehicle
- 3-star hotel accommodation in Kathmandu with breakfast
- Teahouse accommodation during the Everest base camp trek
- All meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) during the trek
- Welcome and farewell dinners
- All ground transportation on a comfortable private vehicle as per the itinerary
- Domestic flights (Kathmandu- Lukla -Kathmandu)
- Guided city tour in Kathmandu by private vehicle
- Entrance fees for sightseeing/monument visits as per the itinerary
- An experienced, English-speaking and government-licensed trek guide
- Porter service
- Staff costs including their salary, insurance, equipment, domestic airfare, food and accommodation
- All necessary paperwork and trekking permits (National Park Permit, TIMS)
- First aid services
- Trekking Map
- All government and local taxes
What are not included?
- Nepalese visa fee
- Excess baggage charge(s)
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu because of early arrival, late departure, early return from mountain (due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary
- Lunch and evening meals in Kathmandu (and also in the case of early return from the mountain than the scheduled itinerary)
- International flights
- Travel and rescue insurance
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, shower, etc.)
- Tips for guide(s), porter(s) and driver(s)
Please submit your details information. We will email you all the necessary information regarding this trip and other travel information. “Your information is private and will never be shared with anyone. We respect your privacy and hate SPAM as much as you do”.